Courses We Offer
Cyber Security Awareness for HMG
A one-day course for individuals who are entering the Cyber Security Profession and require a working knowledge of the basic principles of HMG Cyber Security and Information Assurance (IA) to perform their duties effectively. The course provides an overview of: Cyber Security and IA principles; information risk management (impact, threat and vulnerability); applicable legislation and regulation; HMG Cyber Security strategy, policy and standards; and sources of authoritative advice and guidance.
Who Should Attend
The course is recommended for individuals who require a working knowledge of Cyber Security and Information Assurance in government and the wider public sector. No previous knowledge or experience of the subject is assumed.
- Introduction and welcome
- Basic principles of Cyber Security and Information Assurance
- The Threat Environment
- An overview of Information Risk Management
- HMG IA Strategy
- The Government Classification Scheme and Business Impact Levels
- Fundamental elements of Legislation and Regulation that apply to Cyber Security
- HMG Organisation and Key Stakeholders
- An overview of HMG Policy, Standards, including International and UK Initiatives
- Sources of Cyber Security Advice
- 10 Steps to Cyber Security
Delegates are given a comprehensive set of training documentation and will have access to the Security Policy Framework and HMG IA Standards.
All Amethyst’s courses are developed and delivered by experienced Cyber Security trainers some of whom are registered as CESG Certified Professionals. The location of course venues will be arranged to meet the training requirement and can be delivered at your training facility. All Amethyst’s services are delivered in accordance with our ISO9001 certified quality procedures.