CYBER SECURITY CONSULTANT
Salary: £40k - £55k dependent on experience + Benefits
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Amethyst was formed in 2007 and delivers a range of specialist cyber security professional services. We help businesses to understand the value of their information assets, assess the associated risks and develop the technical and procedural controls to manage them. In the public sector much of our work has a focus on the management of compliance and security accreditation for information systems and applications, where we specialise in taking ownership of the entire through-life process. As part of our growth we are looking for a Cyber Security Consultant to join our team, and work with our clients ranging from data centres and telecommunication companies to central Government.
About the Role
As a Cyber Security Consultant, you will be responsible for providing expert technical advice, guidance and support on cyber security. As a Consultant, you will be responsible for:
Delivery of small to medium cyber security tasks: writing security policies and procedures, reports, codes of connection, gap analysis and other related cyber security reports
Understanding business and information risk and assessing risk at a technical and business process level
Reviewing effectiveness of controls and proposing proportionate security improvements
Support business development by: developing and managing relationships with our client’s security stakeholders; meeting with clients to understand their business challenges and the role that Information Security plays in supporting their strategic business objectives; and developing proposals to meet their requirements.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Relevant experience in a cyber security related role
- Good understanding of security issues, information security concepts and best practice
- Knowledge of Industry standards for IT management and information security
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach with a willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work independently, manage own time and work to deadlines.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Degree in relevant subject, e.g. Information Security, Computer Science
- Hold CISSP, CISA, CISM, or similar qualifications
- Industry expertise in utilities, transport or telecommunications markets.
Candidates must be:
- Eligible to work in the UK and have the appropriate right to work documents
- Willing to travel - the majority of Amethyst’s work is in the south-east
- Willing to undergo government security clearance process.
To apply, email a copy of your CV to: email@example.com
Direct Applicants Only – No Recruitment Agencies