CYBER SECURITY CONSULTANT
Salary: £40k - £55k dependent on experience + Benefits
Amethyst delivers a range of specialist cyber security professional services. We help businesses to understand the value of their information assets, assess the associated security risks and develop the technical and procedural controls to manage them. We work across all sectors, including the public sector where much of our work has a focus on the management of compliance and security accreditation for information systems and applications. We specialise in taking ownership of the entire through-life process and seek to develop long term trusted relationships with our clients. As part of our growth strategy we are looking for a talented Cyber Security Consultant to join our team.
About the Role
As a Cyber Security Consultant, you will be responsible for providing expert technical advice, guidance and support on cyber security. Specific responsibilities include:
- Delivery of cyber security tasks including conducting cyber security gap analysis and risk assessments, support to achieve company security certifications and development of customer security policies and procedures
- Understanding, assessing and articulating business and information risk at a technical and business process level
- Reviewing the effectiveness of existing security controls and proposing proportionate security improvements
- Support business development with the sales team by: developing and managing relationships with our clients; meeting with potential clients to understand their business challenges and the role that Cyber Security plays in supporting their strategic business objectives; and developing proposals to meet their requirements.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Relevant experience in a cyber security related role
- Good understanding of security issues, information security concepts and best practice
- Knowledge of Industry standards for IT management and cyber security
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach with a willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work independently, manage own time and work to deadlines.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Degree in relevant subject, e.g. Cyber Security, Computer Science
- Hold CISSP, CISA, CISM, or similar qualifications.
Candidates must be:
- Eligible to work in the UK and have the appropriate right to work documents
- Willing to travel - the majority of Amethyst’s work is in the south-east
- Willing to undergo government security clearance process.
To apply, email a copy of your CV to: email@example.com
For more information about Amethyst, visit: www.amethystrisk.com