Amethyst is proud to have been awarded the Ministry of Defence's Employer Recognition Scheme Silver Award for 2021.
The Armed Forces Covenant represents a promise by the nation that those who serve or have served, and their families, are treated fairly.
The Defence Employer Recognition Scheme encourages employers to support defence and inspire others to do the same.
To achieve the Silver Award, we have demonstrated that Armed Forces community engagement is a business priority.
Amethyst supports the Armed Forces Covenant and offers employment opportunities to those who serve or have served in the armed forces.
Steve Howe, Managing Director said:
Amethyst is delighted to have been recognised for its continued appreciation of the contribution that serving personnel, reservists, veterans, and military families have brought to our business over the years. Amethyst will continue to enhance its reputation for technical excellence and integrity by recruiting and supporting those who have demonstrated selfless commitment to the values of the UK and fit with the company’s ethos.
We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant by:
- Promoting the fact that we are an armed forces-friendly organisation;
- Seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old
- Working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP), in order to establish a tailored employment pathway for Service Leavers
- Striving to support the employment of Service spouses and partners
- Endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment
- Seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment where possible
- Aiming to actively participate in Armed Forces Day.