Cyber Security Consultant Role - £51K - £65k plus benefits
Amethyst delivers a range of specialist cyber security professional services. We help businesses to understand the value of their information assets, assess the associated security risks and develop the technical and procedural controls to manage them. We work across all sectors, including the public sector where much of our work has a focus on the management of compliance and security accreditation for information systems and applications. We specialise in taking ownership of the entire through-life process and seek to develop long term trusted relationships with our clients. As part of our growth strategy we are looking for a talented Cyber Security Consultant to join our team.
About the Role
As a Cyber Security Consultant, you will be responsible for providing expert cyber security technical advice, guidance and support. Specific responsibilities include:
- Production of formal deliverables such as accreditation evidence, security policies and operating procedures (SyOPs), risk assessments, and security assurance management plans. As a consultant your role will involve significant stakeholder engagement, liaising directly with the client, and working to programme deadlines
- Understanding, assessing and articulating business and information risk at a technical and business process level
- Reviewing the effectiveness of existing security controls and proposing proportionate security improvements
- Support business development by: developing and managing relationships with our clients; meeting with potential clients to understand their business challenges and developing proposals to meet their requirements.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Relevant experience in a cyber security related role
- Experience of HMG and MoD Information assurance (IA) requirements: JSP440, JSP604, NCSC IA guidance
- Experience of the MoD security accreditation lifecycle
- Practical exposure to the development of system accreditation evidence within the MoD
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Knowledge of Industry standards and best practice for IT management and cyber security
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, manage own time and work to deadlines.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- CCP SIRA
- Previous experience as a MoD Security Assurance Coordinator
- Chairing and participation in MoD Security Working Groups
- Experience of supporting the design and delivery of operational military systems
- Hands on experience using the MoD DART tool
- Working with suppliers and assuring security in their equipment deliveries
- Working on a HMG multi-national equipment delivery programme
- Knowledge of HMG/MoD TEMPEST requirements and standards
- Knowledge of HMG cryptographic management and standards
- Experience of scoping and assessing output from IT Health Checks/Vulnerability Assessments.
Candidates must be:
- Ideally DV clearance – if not, willing to undergo government security clearance process.
- Eligible to work in the UK and have the appropriate right to work documents
- Willing to travel.
To apply, email a copy of your CV to: email@example.com