Courses We Offer
A one-day training course for public and private sector security professionals on HMG IA accreditation process. The training course provides an in-depth understanding of how to manage accreditation and achieve a successful outcome.
Who Should Attend
The course is recommended for Public Sector IA specialists (Accreditors, ITSOs and SIRAs),and Information Assurance professionals involved in HMG IA accreditation and risk management. Delegates should be familiar with the principles of Information Assurance and have completed the Amethyst HMG Risk Management (IS1&2) course, or similar.
- Introduction and welcome
- Accreditation and risk management policy overview
- IA policy and guidance related to accreditation
- Competencies and skills required to be an Accreditor
- The IA accreditation process
- Accreditation plan, process and implementation
- Key relationships and the soft skills required to manage the process and people
- Tools of the trade
- Sources of information and advice.
Delegates are given a comprehensive set of training documentation and will have access to HMG IA Standards and CESG GPGs.
Throughout the day syndicate exercises will be carried out to emphasise the security and IA requirements.
All Amethyst’s courses are developed and delivered by experienced information security trainers, some of whom are registered under the CESG Listed Adviser Scheme. The location of course venues will be arranged to meet the training requirement and can be delivered at your training facility. All Amethyst’s services are delivered in accordance with our ISO9001 certified quality procedures.